Welcome to Automotive Excellence!
Automotive Excellence is a family owned and operated auto repair service center located in central Rohnert Park a few blocks away from City Center. We have proudly serviced Honda, Acura, Toyota, and Lexus owners in Sonoma, Napa, and Marin counties since 1988.
Since starting off as a “one man shop”, Automotive Excellence has gained an outstanding reputation. We’re known for providing our customers with superior mechanical work backed with honesty and integrity. Excellent, friendly customer service and satisfaction are the keys to our success.
We’re a full-service auto repair shop taking care of vehicles, from their first oil and filter change and services, to complete diagnostics, to more complicated engine and transmission repairs. Own a hybrid? We can service and maintain it as well! In fact, we gladly service all makes and models of japanese cars.
“We take the Scare out of Auto Repair”
We know it’s difficult finding that perfect shop or a technician you can trust. It’s our goal to educate you on your vehicle’s needs and promote preventative maintenance… helping you save money and costly repairs.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 707-584-8700, stop by our shop, or drop us a line from our Contact Us page. We’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
We're very excited to tell you Automotive Excellence has been awarded the prestigious Diamond Certified award. This award is only earned by companies independently rated "highest in quality" in ongoing studies of their customer satisfaction. Click the logo at right to learn more about our Diamond Certified status. To learn how we earned it, click here.
From the Glove Box
In an ongoing effort to help educate our customers, "From the Glove Box" features service tips. Look here to be better informed about your vehicle. To read prior tips, click here.
Proper Winter Air Conditioning Operation
Here we are smack dab in the middle of winter! Brrrr, it’s been cold! I bet your windshield has been plenty fogged up in the morning, if not frosted over. Tip: Place a beach or bath towel over your windshield at night if you expect frost. In the morning, remove the towel, throw it in the car and you're good to go!
Yes, the title of this article is correct. We also want to use our A/C in the winter as well. Using your A/C in the winter has several benefits:
- Running your A/C year round keeps moving parts, o-rings and seal lubricated.
- Using your A/C benefits in defrosting windows (an A/C system evaporates moisture which is what is fogging up your windows). Blowing hot air against it will eventually work; evaporating works much more quickly.
- It eliminates standing water (condensation) in the evaporator. That old standing water is what causes that musty smell when you turn your A/C on that first hot day of summer.
When I advise people on using their A/C during the winter their first reaction is always… "I'll freeze!" Don’t worry. You won’t freeze. Just follow these easy directions:
- Put your air mix (hot/cold) lever on HOT.
- Press the defrost or heat/defrost button (whichever you prefer).
- As far as the recirculation button being On or Off, that's your personal preference. (REC “ON” keeps the current air in the car while REC “OFF” allows fresh air to enter from the outside.) We always recommend allowing fresh air in the vehicle so it doesn’t get stuffy.
- Then, push the A/C button to the ON position.
By following these simple steps, you'll be amazed how much faster your windows defrost.
We advise customers to just push their A/C Button to the ON position and leave it there. Then, just adjust your comfort level with the air mix lever. This works whether it is summer or winter. Today's A/C systems are so efficient there should be very little gas mileage change noticed. Driving with your window down actually uses more gas (due to wind resistance).
One final tip… always set your recirculation button ON (light on) before turning off your vehicle. This closes the door to the “fresh” air and prevents critters from moving in.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any other topics, please feel free to contact us.